Guest does not get IPs from clients connecting from outsite of guest.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
nathanalex66
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Win(*>3.0), Linux*

Guest does not get IPs from clients connecting from outsite of guest.

Post by nathanalex66 »

I have a webserver (nkcsgo.tk) for csgo gambling and the website attempts to get client ips to prevent users from spamming affiliate codes and whenever it gets ip, it uses the guest ip (10.0.2.2) and does not get the real ip address. I use NAT network with portforwarding, how do I fix this?
Я простой человек, ищущий больше программ в моей жизни.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guest does not get IPs from clients connecting from outsite of guest.

Post by socratis »

nathanalex66 wrote:and the website attempts to get client ips to prevent users from spamming affiliate codes
And you want to use a VM for cheating? Seriously? Your external IP will be the same, no matter how many VMs or real computers you use. This is not "fixable", that's the way it's supposed to work. To prevent cheating...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

I do not understand what you mean by "cheating". I own the website, and all I want to do is get the client IP to PREVENT cheating, not to cause it. What is wrong with getting the user IP to prevent this issue?
Last edited by socratis on 18. Dec 2017, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Obviously I read that completely wrong! :shock:
So, what do you mean that it gets an IP of "10.0.2.2"? And why 10.0.2.2, that's not the default for NAT. Where is the server? Is it on a public IP? Is it the same as the host (the one that's running the VM)? Because the 10.0.2.2 IP only makes sense between the host and the guest. Not on other, outside networks. Could you describe your setup more in detail? With full configurations, port forwarding rules, complete and full versions of Host, Guest, VirtualBox?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

When it gets IP of 10.0.2.2 it is supposed to get something like 75.xx.xxx.xx to show who the user is and if they are the same on multiple accounts. The guest is Ubuntu Server 14.04x, the host is Windows 7 Home Premium, the version on VirtualBox should be latest. Port forwarding rules are for 80, 3306, 22. If I missed anything, tell me what I need to give you.
Last edited by socratis on 18. Dec 2017, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I would like to see a VM log file ("VBox.log.zip"), here's what you do:
  1. Start the VM. Not from a saved or paused state. Clean start.
  2. Take the steps required to generate/observe the error.
  3. Shut down the VM (if it hasn't aborted by itself). Not saved or paused. Completely shut down. If you can't shut it down by normal means, close the VM window and select "Power off".
  4. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show Log..."
  5. Save it (only the first VBox.log), ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
I would also like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

This should be all you need if I'm correct, I hope this helps. (Sorry for the long response time)
Attachments
CS_GO Roulette Site.vbox.zip
The vbox stuff.
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
VBox.log.zip
The log.
(25.29 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

socratis wrote:So, what do you mean that it gets an IP of "10.0.2.2"? And why 10.0.2.2, that's not the default for NAT. Where is the server? Is it on a public IP? Is it the same as the host (the one that's running the VM)?
Sorry, forgot to mention these things. What I meant by it getting 10.0.2.2 is that I have a script on the website that on every login checks user ip, and will update the MySQL with the new IP. 10.0.2.2 seems to just show as the resulting IP of any user regardless of which pc they connect to the site from. The Virtual Machine can be accessed from 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.2, and 75.6x.xxx.xx. It can be accessed by the host, and by outside pcs, but no matter what, IP will always show as 10.0.2.2, regardless if it is the Host or an outside pc.
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Maybe the NAT "transparent mode" will show you the external addresses:
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09. ... -adv-alias
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

nathanalex66 wrote:I have a script on the website that on every login checks user ip
How? What does the script check for? Login? Please shed some light with more details.
nathanalex66 wrote:The Virtual Machine can be accessed from 127.0.0.1, 192.168.1.2, and 75.6x.xxx.xx.
I don't see that in the logs or the .vbox file. You have two cards; one NAT (which should be getting an IP of 10.0.2.15, not .2), and a second one, Bridged, which I assume must be the 192.168.1.2. I don't understand the 75.6n.nnn.nnn part, but it must be because you're doing some forwarding that you didn't talk about. Is your host behind a router? Does it use an IP of 192.168.1.nnn? Is 75.6n.nnn.nnn your public IP? Have you enabled some forwarding in your router?
00:00:18.865596 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.0.18 r106667 '5.0.18_Ubuntu'
You're using old and the forked version of the Guest Additions (GAs). You should uninstall/delete/purge them and install the official ones from the menu "Devices" » "Insert GAs CD image" and proceed with the installation.
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

socratis wrote:How? What does the script check for? Login? Please shed some light with more details.
The script checks for the user IP on login. This is a website as I said in the original question. A CS:GO gambling website.
socratis wrote:I don't see that in the logs or the .vbox file. You have two cards; one NAT (which should be getting an IP of 10.0.2.15, not .2), and a second one, Bridged, which I assume must be the 192.168.1.2. I don't understand the 75.6n.nnn.nnn part, but it must be because you're doing some forwarding that you didn't talk about. Is your host behind a router? Does it use an IP of 192.168.1.nnn? Is 75.6n.nnn.nnn your public IP? Have you enabled some forwarding in your router?
The Bridged adapter is just one of my attempts to fix this bug, which has been unsuccessful. Bridged does not get 192.168.1.2. I have the machine forwarded to my router, which has public ip 75.6x.xxx.xx.
socratis wrote:
00:00:18.865596 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.0.18 r106667 '5.0.18_Ubuntu'
You're using old and the forked version of the Guest Additions (GAs). You should uninstall/delete/purge them and install the official ones from the menu "Devices" » "Insert GAs CD image" and proceed with the installation.
I'm using Ubuntu Server, I don't know how to actually install it, but I can insert the disk.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

nathanalex66 wrote:The Bridged adapter is just one of my attempts to fix this bug, which has been unsuccessful.
Just a general comment/observation: it's not nice when you ask people to observe/record the problem and post a log showing the problem, and after you've spent an hour analyzing the log, and NOT finding the problem, they come up and say:
Oh, I was playing around with the settings, that's why you don't see the problem!
Seriously? Playing around? Well, I really hope you find the solution then! You know what they say about random monkey typing and Shakespeare's work... It might actually work!

I'll let others, more experts in networking try to help you. I've wasted an hour. Enough already...
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

socratis wrote:Oh, I was playing around with the settings, that's why you don't see the problem!
Of course, because playing around with settings is going to prevent you from finding the problem. Do you think I want to come on to this forum constantly just to update this post? No, it's a waste of time, but I do it anyways because I don't know something. If I knew what the answer to this question was, then I wouldn't scurry off to some website I've never been on just to wait on an answer.
socratis wrote:I'll let others, more experts in networking try to help you. I've wasted an hour. Enough already...
First of all, it's been significantly longer than an hour. Second of all, WASTED AN HOUR. I know some people can get impatient about someone but god damn. First mis-reading the post which is very crucial to the question and then deciding this is a waste of TIME?!? I have taken countless hours of just watching this god damned post waiting for it to just get me one simple answer to something probably fixable, yet you can't take like 2 days of time to solve something. Thanks for the help.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

nathanalex66 wrote:because playing around with settings is going to prevent you from finding the problem
Definitely! Absolutely! 100% guaranteed! When I ask for a log from a VM run where you see the problem, I want that log to show the problem in its full glory, and not rely on your (or anyone's) description, because you might be missing some details. I don't want to see a random log, from a random run, with modified settings. Does that make sense?
nathanalex66 wrote:If I knew what the answer to this question was, then I wouldn't scurry off to some website I've never been on just to wait on an answer
I'm not sure what your options are, but I'm not going to try and persuade you to not start searching for answers. The web is a beautiful big library. Take advantage of it's searchability...
nathanalex66 wrote:First of all, it's been significantly longer than an hour.
Wait a minute... Were you honestly expecting an answer/solution within an hour? Are you kidding me? What do you think this is? Your personal 24/7 support hotline? You've got to do some calibration to the system I'm afraid, it's way out of whack. This is emphatically not a support forum. Only people who buy an Oracle support contract have any right to support. This is a user discussion forum.
nathanalex66 wrote:I have taken countless hours of just watching this god damned post waiting for it to just get me one simple answer to something probably fixable
That's your only option as far as I know. That, or go ahead and buy a support contract from Oracle. Prices start at 6100 USD. For more information, Oracle support options: http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/v ... index.html
nathanalex66 wrote:yet you can't take like 2 days of time to solve something.
Give me a single reason why I have to spend more than 20 minutes (not 2 days, 20 minutes) on helping you with that attitude. One good reason only. Being a good Samaritan doesn't count...
nathanalex66

Post by nathanalex66 »

socratis wrote:Definitely! Absolutely! 100% guaranteed! When I ask for a log from a VM run where you see the problem, I want that log to show the problem in its full glory, and not rely on your (or anyone's) description, because you might be missing some details. I don't want to see a random log, from a random run, with modified settings. Does that make sense?
I did not know that it would have to be unmodified. I left it because I thought it was a fix previously, but then never got to removing it.
socratis wrote:...you to not start searching for answers. The web is a beautiful big library. Take advantage of it's searchability...
If I found an answer I wouldn't be here. I've looked basically everywhere and no one has the problem I have. (someone probably has but has just not posted it)
socratis wrote:Were you honestly expecting an answer/solution within an hour? Are you kidding me?...
I don't ever go to forums for answers, so I wouldn't know how long this takes. (I don't care if I should have known that)
socratis wrote:That, or go ahead and buy a support contract from Oracle. Prices start at 6100 USD.
Yeaahhhhhhh, no.
socratis wrote:Give me a single reason why I have to spend more than 20 minutes (not 2 days, 20 minutes) on helping you with that attitude.
Since when did I say you HAD to do this. If you don't want to do this, just remove this post so I can make a new one with more information for someone else to solve, if you aren't willing to do this.