Mac adress

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mac adress

Post by socratis »

Stranek wrote:The same for all machines i can change it ?
No. Your public IP is the one that the ISP (your telephone carrier) is giving you. You have to have 2 DSL lines to get 2 IPs.

Cheating is not easy...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

Advertiser can look my local IP adress ?
I have vpn for change IP but i mean local adress ip from virtual machine is possible to read?
Admin can look my local ip adress ? 10.0.2.15 ?
This is browser game not client game.
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

What do you mean by a local address? If it is a private IP address (google it) nobody can see it from the Internet. Only a public IP (google that too) can be seen from the Internet, not a private IP address or a MAC address.

If you are on a local LAN behind a NAT router (or if you are using VirtualBox NAT) you will have a private IP address. Anyone looking at you from the Internet will see only the public IP of the NAT router, not your local private IP. It makes no difference whatever if you are using physical or virtual machines (or Internet radios or cell phones or printers or refrigerators). Any device which has a network connection and a MAC address is treated in exactly the same way.
Bill
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

The browser is reporting your local IP address
https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/ ... ip-address
But this has nothing to do at all with VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Hey Martin, that was *really* interesting! Thanks for the link!

And here's how to disable it, I have no clue about the side effects: How to disable WebRTC in various browsers.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

So , advertiser can read my local adress IP from Javascript or something like that ?
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Post by Martin »

Yes, something like that.
But this not really relevant, because this local address is not unique. There are many thousands of systems out there which are using the same address.
Stranek

Post by Stranek »

Thanks for help !

When im voting in game admin can look this IP.
I use block webrtc thanks for help !
Stranek

Read MacAdress

Post by Stranek »

Hello
I have question.
I dont have flash/java.
Some1 can look my mac adress from javascript or no ?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Stranek,
I merged your post with the previous post that was asking the exact same question. Please do not start new threads on the same subject. It makes my life difficult...