Could not get the storage format of the medium Virtual Box Error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
sihina

Could not get the storage format of the medium Virtual Box Error

Post by sihina »

Hello i am try to install Red Had 7 in my windows 10 pro Computer but i got some kind of error regarding with it. And i have downloaded new version of the Oracle Virtual box. Version of 5.2.2 Down the bellow i post what i got

Could not get the storage format of the medium 'E:\Red Hat.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: MediumWrap Interface: IMedium {4afe423b-43e0-e9d0-82e8-ceb307940dda} Callee: IVirtualBox {9570b9d5-f1a1-448a-10c5-e12f5285adad} Callee RC: VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80BB0001)

:( :roll:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Could not get the storage format of the medium Virtual Box Error

Post by socratis »

Make sure that you do not have a corrupted download. The message pretty much says that your "ISO" is not actually an ISO format, it's corrupted. If there is a checksum in the page you download it from, make sure that it matches. Otherwise, try the download again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
sihina

Post by sihina »

I make an image from actual worked Red Hat DVD, so how it not works?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Because you didn't make the image correctly. I don't know what you did or didn't do, but the image you created is not a valid ISO image. Maybe you simply copied the contents of the DVD, who knows?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
sihina

Post by sihina »

can you provide me a link to download valid red hat iso file? :?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

sihina wrote:red hat iso
Have you searched for it??? Exactly those terms???
I'm not going to provide you with a link, it's far too easy, even for someone that doesn't know how to search, I'm sorry...