Time in guest slower then on host

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
atomic3930

Time in guest slower then on host

Post by atomic3930 »

Hi,

i have a Windows 7 host and a Linux (Debian) 32 Bit guest with installed guest tools.

1 Second on the guest are 5 seconds on the host. What can i do?

(ive installed a new guest ... same issure :()
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Time in guest slower then on host

Post by socratis »

I have deleted your duplicate post from the German language sub-forum. According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. It's not good etiquette...
  • Follow a "start the VM from cold-boot" / "observe error" / "shutdown the VM" cycle.
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
atomic3930

Post by atomic3930 »

Hi,

sorry for the double posting. Im not sure, if i can explain all nessessary things in english :/
But i will try ;)

File is attached.

Thank you.
Attachments
fhem-2017-11-28-11-00-37.txt
(108.28 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
atomic3930

Post by atomic3930 »

1358.PNG
1358.PNG (104.67 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
1417.PNG
1417.PNG (89.04 KiB) Viewed 1131 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

00:00:03.497588 [/Devices/VMMDev/0/Config/] (level 4)
00:00:03.497590   GetHostTimeDisabled <integer> = 0x0000000000000001 (1)
You have been messing with your time. What have you done and why?

Right-click on the VM in VirtualBox Manager, Show in Explorer. ZIP that file and attach it. And when I say ZIP it, I mean it, not like the VBox.log which I told you to zip but you ignored it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
atomic3930

Post by atomic3930 »

Because ive followed an KB article.

But you so some kind of unfriendly. ... im gonna help myself.
Offtopic: if you r unhappy with your job: go get another one.

You can close the thread.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Seriously now? I think you need to adjust your sensitivity meter, because I was not unfriendly at all. What? You got upset because I told you that you weren't following instructions?

BTW, this is *not* my job, I was doing you a favor and trying to help you. But it was actually *you* that withheld vital information, like messing with the time, and then complaining about the time not working correctly. If you don't understand what you're doing, don't do it, or don't ask for help without telling the whole story.

This is not unfriendly. This is harsh reality...