Windows10 Update killed Virtualbox - wont start

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
larikn

Windows10 Update killed Virtualbox - wont start

Post by larikn »

Attached is my VBoxhardening.log but the error code at the bottom is 0, Any ideas?
Attachments
VBoxHardening.log
(99.87 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows10 Update killed Virtualbox - wont start

Post by socratis »

1. Re-install VirtualBox. You're going to have to do it with every Win10 major update. You can thank Microsoft for that...
  2. Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
larikn

Post by larikn »

Thanks Socratis, Ill try and come back to you.
Regards, Rob
larikn

Post by larikn »

Have the Vbox working again thanks. I cannot get windows in the virtual box to connect to the network now though. Any ideas?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Take a look at "[Fixed] Bridged networking 5.2.0 issues (#17186)". Update to the latest Development Snapshot build (at the bottom of the page).

Also it would be good to let us know what was the solution to the original problem that you had.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.