VirtualBox 5.2.0 with 5.2.1 Guest Additions still doesn't work right

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
jweaver

VirtualBox 5.2.0 with 5.2.1 Guest Additions still doesn't work right

Post by jweaver »

I have CentOS 7 and Linux Mint 18.2 and with Virtual Box 5.2 and Guest Additions 5.2.1, after they boot up fully they both display nothing. Reverting to 5.1.30 fixes this. As a result, I would also be forced to reinstall those Guest systems to fix it.
jweaver

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.0 with 5.2.1 Guest Additions still doesn't work right

Post by jweaver »

Still happens with macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 host and Virtualbox 5.2.6
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Do you have 3D acceleration enabled? Try to turn it off. Also, look for the updated GAs in the Downloads page, the "Important" section.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jweaver

Post by jweaver »

I have upgraded the GAs as well and attempted it with 3D Acceleration disabled and still the same result. Also happens with my Windows 7 host also running 5.2.6 along with the 5.2.6 GAs
jweaver

Post by jweaver »

Also did try the 5.2.7 GAs and same result.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.