My Boxes stopped working!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
JeffRabbit

My Boxes stopped working!

Post by JeffRabbit »

So, today I was going to play with my Virtual Boxes, but none of them will boot now! They all give me this error, and I can't figure out what the log file is trying to tell me. Please help! :(
I unfortunately can't post URLs yet so I'll give you a brief description of what it says when I try to boot it.
The virtual machine 'Windows Xp Professional' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).
Also the Result Code: 0x80004005
JeffRabbit

Re: My Boxes stopped working!

Post by JeffRabbit »

I just noticed that they all worked fine before I updated Windows 10. I might have to update Virtual Box so it works.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Disable or better yet uninstall Hyper-v, then do a full power down and restart of the host PC.

If you still have problems then post a VM log file: with the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
JeffRabbit

Post by JeffRabbit »

What/where is Hyper-v?

EDIT: After restarting my PC, It says that none of my Virtual hard disks, Optical disks, or even floppies are available. That is the new issue.

EDIT: After closing that Window and trying to boot a guest, it works just fine. Thanks for helping!