Fullscreen Issues Win7 Host, Linux Guest - Slackware

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
instro

Fullscreen Issues Win7 Host, Linux Guest - Slackware

Post by instro »

Hello everyone.

I have been using VBOX for ages, running on a Win7-pro host, and a Slackware 14.2 Guest system installed. I use fluxbox as the guest's GUI.

Yesterday i upgraded the linux guest kernel to version 3.10.107 and continued work as usual.

Today when i booted up the guest system, i realized that i was not able to have the fullscreen mode use the entire screen, as well as the mouse being trapped within the vm window.

I upgraded VBOX to version 5.1.30_118389 and I re-installed the vbox guest additions (same version that came with 5.1.30) and rebooted the vm. Now the seamless works for the mouse, the shared folder between the host and guest work again (as it always has), but i am unable to get a full screen working.

I have spend the better part of the day searching for this issue, and have tried many proposed solutions (including checking the autoresize option, as well as with or without hint/auto/etc) but I am still unable to get the fullscreen working. I have also tried to set custom resolutions, but every time i click on one, it just stays on 800x600 no matter what i choose. I then again try to set auto-scale, and go back in to full screen but the vm window remains to be tiny.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the vboxadd-install.log from the guest system. It has some compile errors, which i do not understand what the actual problem is, although during the installation itself there were no errors.

Kind Regards,
Instro
Attachments
vboxadd-install.rar
Log from guest system.
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
instro

Re: Fullscreen Issues Win7 Host, Linux Guest - Slackware

Post by instro »

Update:

I have installed the latest version of VBOX (5.2) and updated the guest additions in the Linux Guest system.

Everything works except, I am still unable to go fullscreen. I have marked the "Auto-Resize" etc etc, but am still not able to have the fullscreen fill the entire desktop. All this happened after i updated the guest as well as the windows host system and also the nvidia drivers on the host system.

Please, any help would be appreciated.
Insto.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Fullscreen Issues Win7 Host, Linux Guest - Slackware

Post by socratis »

• Start the VM from cold-boot / Observe error / Shutdown the VM.
  • With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.