Error In SuplibOsInit

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
minz

Error In SuplibOsInit

Post by minz »

Hi Guys, I am running 5.1.30 but getting the below error when starting the VM. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still getting the same error. I am running Windows 7
Attachments
sss.png
sss.png (22.56 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Error In SuplibOsInit

Post by socratis »

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues. And post if you can your VBoxHardening.log, by right clicking on the VM, Show Log. ZIPPED please.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
minz

Post by minz »

Please find attached logs
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(13.93 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please comment on which parts of the FAQ you addressed, and the results.
minz

Post by minz »

This was working fine on my machine.

I have Disabled AV but get the same issue.

I have uninstalled Virtualbox and reinstalled but get the same error. I don't know if the latest Windows updates has caused this error
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

488c.4a18:     FileDescription: TrendMicro Common Module
488c.4a18:     FileDescription: TrendMicro Activity Monitor Module
488c.4a18:     FileDescription: TrendMicro Event Management Module
488c.4a18:     FileDescription: Trend Micro EagleEye Driver (VW) (amd64-fre)
488c.4a18:     FileDescription: Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention Driver
488c.4a18:     FileDescription: Trend Micro early boot driver
minz wrote:I have Disabled AV but get the same issue.
Your VBoxHardening.log says that Trend Micro is alive and kicking. Disabling it is *not* enough. You either need to completely uninstall it or add an exception and tell Trend Micro to *not* scan VirtualBox and leave it alone.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
minz

Post by minz »

I have unloaded Trend and same error. I have been using Virtualbox for a few years without any issues on this pc with Trend installed

The strange thing is we have this installed on a few machines and they don't have any issues.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

minz wrote:we have this installed on a few machines and they don't have any issues.
I hope you mean "don't have any issues running VirtualBox", not issues in general.

The antivirus was just a possibility. *You* have access to your computer, I don't, plus access to the "same configuration computers" which work. Well, can't you try and isolate what are their differences?
minz

Post by minz »

What does the error mean. the only issues is I know Windows updates have been pushed out and don't know if this is causing the issue
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

minz wrote:I have unloaded Trend and same error.
I'll need to see a new VBoxHardening.log.zip just to make sure if you don't mind.
minz

Post by minz »

Please find attached
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(13.24 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
minz

Post by minz »

Hi,

Did you find anything in the logs. I have another machine getting the same error. Might be related to some Windows updated. We are running Windows 7 Enterprise
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I don't know what Socratis was going to look for, but I'm still seeing TrendMicro running. In fact I'm seeing 8 different Trend Micro processes running. Your new log therefore doesn't add any new information.

Your problem looks like it is AV related. Certificates database corruption is also possible but highly unlikely if you've been using these VMs successfully over the last couple of years - the last known incident of a Windows Update corruption was more than two years ago.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:I don't know what Socratis was going to look for
The same thing that you saw ;)
mpack wrote:I'm still seeing TrendMicro running
... proving that Trend Micro wasn't actually uninstalled. 'minx', please follow the advice given in the previous posts.