[Solved] ERROR: Timed out after 60010 ms waiting for child request #1 (CloseEvents).

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
shane_draper

[Solved] ERROR: Timed out after 60010 ms waiting for child request #1 (CloseEvents).

Post by shane_draper »

vb3.jpg
vb3.jpg (112.11 KiB) Viewed 7271 times
vb5.jpg
vb5.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 7271 times

I have been getting these errors hen I try and start the vm for the first time, I have tried eveything I can think of, reinstalled windows, uninstalled anti virus, tried 3 different versions of virtualbox and having no luck, this did work a few months ago. I have a class room with 25 lenovo M73 Thinkcentre and its stopped working on all of them, I tried it on my own computer (lenovo s510) and it works fine. BIOS Virtualization is Enabled. The students need this working for assesments so really need to get this working. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Shane
Last edited by socratis on 21. Oct 2017, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: ERROR: Timed out after 60010 ms waiting for child request #1 (CloseEvents).

Post by socratis »

Shane, please read the message in the Error dialog, it wasn't just put there to fill the void, it directs you do take very specific action. Oh, please ZIP the VBoxHardening.log before attaching it, it helps save a (virtual) tree or two... ;)

PS. It's never a great idea to run anything as an "administrator", but I digress...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
shane_draper

Post by shane_draper »

here is the vboxhardening.log
Attachments
VBoxHardening (2).zip
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
VBoxHardening.rar
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Last edited by socratis on 11. Oct 2017, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Well, the VBoxHardening.log did not help particularly. It doesn't even exit with an error that I recognize. I would try a couple of things:
  1. reinstall VirtualBox with right-clicking on the installer and selecting the "Run-as-Administrator" option (even if you are the Administrator), and
  2. run "sfc /scannow" from an administrator Command Prompt (again right-click on the Command prompt and select "Run-as-Administrator").
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

VirtualBox 5.0.8? Any reason for using such an ancient version?

I suggest updating to a current version, i.e. 5.1.28, and lets see if the problem hasn't already been fixed.

Also, please make sure that the VM is closed (i.e. dismiss the error dialog and close) before grabbing any logs. I don't believe that was the case this time, otherwise the error appearing in the dialog would also appear in the log. Oh, and we only need one copy.
shane_draper

Post by shane_draper »

I believe I have narrowed it down to group policy because after a fresh install of windows starting the vm works fine, then as soon as I add it to the domain and run gpupdate /force it stops working. Now I'm just trying to figure out what gpo is causing it.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

shane_draper wrote:as soon as I add it to the domain
I assume you mean the guest, right? Still it doesn't make too much sense. During the boot phase? That's quite unusual. Are you booting with PXE?
shane_draper

Post by shane_draper »

I finally figured it out!, it was Impero causing it. They released a new version which injects a DLL into all running processes so I added all the .exe files found in C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox to the injection exclusions list on the Impero server under Tools > Injection Exclusions
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].