Incorrect message shown on Network Card

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Pierluigi_B

Incorrect message shown on Network Card

Post by Pierluigi_B »

Hi.

This is my scenario
Vitsualbox 5.1.28r117968 (the last for today) on Windows 7 64 Bit.
Guest Windows 10 64 bit 1703, language Italian.

I would report this:
when a network card is connected, right-click on the network icon on right bottom of the client window, show the option "Connetti scheda di rete" in italian language (Connect),
but this is incorrect, the correct text is "Disconnetti scheda di rete", because if i click the network card will be disconnected.

I don't know if is only a translation error or if is the same in english.

Regards.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Incorrect message shown on Network Card

Post by socratis »

In English the text is "Connect Network #" and the text itself does not change. It's checked for when the network cable is connected, and unchecked for when the network cable is disconnected, but as I said, the text itself does not change. Is this what you see?

BTW, it should be easy to check the English translation (the original), by simply going to VirtualBox preferences » Language » English (built-in).

In any event if you believe that this is the wrong translation (I don't think so) you should head to ticket #4503: NLS/Translation mistakes & suggestions and add your comment. The person that is responsible for the Italian translation should get a notification.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Pierluigi_B

Post by Pierluigi_B »

I switched in English Language and the message is the same.

The network icon is correctly highlighted when the network card is connected, and de-highlighted when is disconnected.

But i think that the message must be changed upon the connection state.

You think that is not correct?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Pierluigi_B wrote:But i think that the message must be changed upon the connection state.
Not doable at the moment.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.