Windows 10 64 bit host only showing 32 bit VM options (Not the usual fixes! Help!)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
RN-CIVSALES

Windows 10 64 bit host only showing 32 bit VM options (Not the usual fixes! Help!)

Post by RN-CIVSALES »

Hi All,

After about a month of trying to fix this, with my own businesses IT support and weeks trawling through different internet threads for fixes to try, my last hope is you clever people to help me work out what an earth I am doing wrong!

I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 9560 with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit installed.

It has a Intel i7-7700HQ CPU capable of virtualized technology.

In the BIOS, Virtualisation and VT-D are both enabled as well as HT Technology, not that that should matter.

In Windows Features, Hyper-V is completely removed.

Yet, no matter what I do, I absolutely cannot get a latest install of Oracle Virtualbox 5.1.28 to show anything but Windows 32 bit clients, rendering it useless to me.

My platforms for testing our software ect are all Windows 7 64 bit VM's on my older lenovo laptop running Windows 7 64bit and I have never had this problem, not once!

Other things to note, we use Bitlocker, not sure that would cause a problem, doubt it.

Please take pity on me and tell me what an earth I am doing wrong, I could really do with getting this working!

Thanks in advance.
towo2099
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Android, Linux

Re: Windows 10 64 bit host only showing 32 bit VM options (Not the usual fixes! Help!)

Post by towo2099 »

Maby DeviceGuard active, maybe your secret antivirus solution.

FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests.
RN-CIVSALES

Re: Windows 10 64 bit host only showing 32 bit VM options (Not the usual fixes! Help!)

Post by RN-CIVSALES »

After several attempts, I was unable to make Vbox work, so instead migrated to Hyper-V as it just seems easier at this point!

These 2 articles proved massively helpful in successfully getting my oracle vbox across to hyper-v, as I did encounter the 0X7B BSOD error after converting due to scsi ide boot device mismatch in the registry.

This may help others!

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/migrat ... 0-hyper-v/

http://sangnak.com/bsod-0x7b-on-migrati ... o-hyper-v/