Very small bug after Guest Additions 5.1.28 installing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
sprinter7

Very small bug after Guest Additions 5.1.28 installing

Post by sprinter7 »

1 Install or upgrade Guest Additions in Windows 7, XP guest to version 5.1.28
2 Shutdown guest OS
3 Make the Snapshot. Current State is always shown as changed directly after the Snapshot
4 Attempt to restore the Snapshot. Current State is always shown as changed

After installing or upgrading to versions 5.1.26 current state is not changed (regression in 5.1.28 ?).
Avoiding: if you close Oracle VM Virtualbox and start it again before making the Snapshot then current state is not changed.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Very small bug after Guest Additions 5.1.28 installing

Post by socratis »

Sometimes VirtualBox Manager gets confused with the "Changed" state. No matter how many times you try to revert back to the last snapshot, it always shows as "Changed". This is not something new, I've been seeing it for a couple of years now. On the other hand it is not something that is easily reproducible, so it's not easy to address. Quitting VirtualBox Manager and restarting, allows you to revert to the last snapshot successfully. I'd say it's more of a nuisance than a bug. ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Mored1984

Post by Mored1984 »

Using Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Version 1703
=================================================

After install VirtualBox Guest Additions 5.1.28 then restart the Windows, all application (EXE) can't run will give Error, so I need to install the Operation System again.
pappcam

Post by pappcam »

Roll back the guest addition to 5.1.26 and then you should be back to normal. The 5.1.28 guest additions are very buggy.

Hopefully it's being looked at.