VB exits immediately after loading

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Lenny Valentino

VB exits immediately after loading

Post by Lenny Valentino »

Hello
I've installed Ubuntu on my USB Stick by Linux Live USB Creator 2.9.4. It creates live Ubuntu and VirtualBox on USB Stick. On one computer I put the stick in the USB, start VirtualBox, it finish loading, start Ubuntu and it works fine. On the other computer I put USB stick, click VirtualBox, it show that Portable Virtual Box is loading and immediately after loading finish, it shows me "Exit Portable-VirtualBox! Do not unplug the key". What can I do to start VirtualBox?
VB file: 2.1.0.32
VB product: 3.3.12.0
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VB exits immediately after loading

Post by mpack »

Portable VirtualBox is a fork, you need to go to their forums for support. This forum only supports VirtualBox. Plain VirtualBox. Not forks.
MadcapMagician

Post by MadcapMagician »

mpack wrote:Portable VirtualBox is a fork, you need to go to their forums for support. This forum only supports VirtualBox. Plain VirtualBox. Not forks.
With all due respect Mr. Moderator, you answer was absolutely of no help and kind of rude. you should have supplied a link to this "fork" site as you call it, have no idea what that is, or you could simply tell us why this is happening. So thanks for not helping and wasting my time.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

MadcapMagician wrote:you should have supplied a link to this "fork" site as you call it, have no idea what that is,
Google "Portable VirtualBox" and the link you will require will appear. When we talk about a "fork" it means they have taken VirtualBox and have made changes to it (as you can with open source software).
MadcapMagician wrote:you could simply tell us why this is happening
These support forums are for the vanilla version of VirtualBox as released directly by Oracle. We can't know what changes other people have made and therefore can't know what they may have broken!

As a general rule, if something works on one host but not another then you need to look at the differences between the hosts not blame the software.

Also, I'd recommend dialling the sarcasm down a notch or two otherwise one of the mods or admins may start to wield the banning stick.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Locking this, since the discussion has no value to VirtualBox users, and that "Madcap" type post historically only attracts the similarly uninformed.