No 32bit Color Mode

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
PugwashMI

No 32bit Color Mode

Post by PugwashMI »

I have several Win7 Pro 64bit VMs running on Win 10 64bit Pro Host system. One of the VM displays the following error after login or when changing to or from full screen mode.

"The virtual screen is currently set to 24 bit Color Mode. For better performance please change to 32bit......"

I have gone to the display setting ans 1920x1080x24bit is selected but there is no 32 bit option available for this resolution, but there is on the other VM's. I have compared the video drivers and both VMs appear to be using the all the same setting drivers adaptor etc. The VM seems to run fine, I don't use any graphics intensive programs but the error is irritating and I'd like to know how to fix it if anyone can help.

Regards

Ian
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: No 32bit Color Mode

Post by mpack »

In the Win7 guest, please right click the desktop, choose Screen resolution, then on the dialog click the Advanced settings link. On the Adapter tab of the display properties dialog, click the "List All Modes" button and post a screenshot of what is displayed: favoring those at the bottom of the list.

Also, post a VBox.log for the VM: with the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.