Fedora Gnome slow response

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mate

Fedora Gnome slow response

Post by mate »

Hello everyone.

I've installed fresh and latest Fedora 26 as a VM and when I'm trying to use it, I'm receiving slow GUI response and overall graphic performance is bad. I've tried to use 3d acceleration as well, so the guest starts normally but when GUI part is loaded and login window appeared it's starts to work so slowly, that it's impossible to do anything.

The guest has 4vcpu's, 128mb of video memory and virtualbox additions installed. I'm using windows 10x64 Enterprise (build 10240) with latest intel video drivers (Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]) and latest virtualbox (Version 5.1.26 r117224 (Qt5.6.2)). I have plenty of RAM and i5-3470.

Is this behavior known ? Should I fail a bug ? Is this due to weak intel embedded graphics ?
Attachments
VBox.zip
VBox log with 3D acceleration enabled
(28.79 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Fedora Gnome slow response

Post by socratis »

mate wrote:Is this due to weak intel embedded graphics ?
Most probably, yes. Search the forums and the bugtracker for Intel Graphics problems and you'll find that there is no shortage of reported problems. They tend to get improved over time, but nothing earth shuttering...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.