Constant Disconnect Sound

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Nucleorion

Constant Disconnect Sound

Post by Nucleorion »

I have installed virtualbox on windows 10 pro 64bit, the last verison and I constantly have the sound that makes windows when a device is disconnected. Just opening the virtualbox interface starts to play the sound, and repeats every few seconds.

It is very annoying and I can not find anything in the configuration to fix it. I also do not want to disable the sound that produces windows when you disconnect a device.

regards

PD. Your program is wonderfull :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Constant Disconnect Sound

Post by socratis »

In order to better understand the problem you need to submit some more information. Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.

Specifically for the VM log file ("VBox.log.zip"), here's what you do:
  1. Start the VM. Not from a saved or paused state. Clean start.
  2. Take the steps required to generate/observe the error.
  3. Shut down the VM (if it hasn't aborted by itself). Not saved or paused. Completely shut down.
  4. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show Log..."
  5. Save it (only the first VBox.log), ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
I would also like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Constant Disconnect Sound

Post by mpack »

I've seen this before. There will be a plug and play object visible in device manager which keeps appearing and disappearing, as the standard Windows sound is telling you. I doubt it'll be anything VirtualBox related, it'll be a USB filter or a virtual network device (e.g. for Bluetooth). Something non-native to Windows which doesn't like sharing a PC with VirtualBox.