Mouse double click stick icon to pointer.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Simple07

Mouse double click stick icon to pointer.

Post by Simple07 »

I am experiencing a very strange touch-pad pointer behavior after installing VirtualBox-5.1.25-117110-Win.exe and the couple 5.1.25 prior to that. If I double click on Computer icon to open the File Explorer, the icon gets stuck to the mouse pointer and moves with it, and the File Explorer does NOT open.

Also, a strange mouse/touch-pad responses in the past few releases, I noticed that a normal/quick double click does NOT result in opening the File Explorer, but a slow (half a second between them) would open the file explorer.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse double click stick icon to pointer.

Post by socratis »

This is an issue that they're actively working on. There is a ticket open for this: #14632: Double click not working with precision touchpad. Add your experiences there...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Just installed "VirtualBox-5.1.25-117130-Win.exe" + "Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.1.25-117130.vbox-extpack", and seems to have been sorted... In fact it is more responsive than a number of earlier releases.

Well done to the developers for a quick fix.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Actually it would be best if you let the developers know directly in ticket #14632, as they are actively looking for user feedback, especially the latest builds. The one that you downloaded was released 5 hours ago! See comment 86 from 'michael'.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Went in there but did not know how to contribute..
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Just add a comment at the bottom of the page. If that's not available, take a look on the top right part of the page. If there is a link that says "Login" you'll have to login first. It uses the same credentials as the forums, so simply clicking on the link will auto-log you in. Then add your comment at the bottom of the page.
Simple07

Post by Simple07 »

Thanks socratis, done..
yacir

Post by yacir »

Related ticket (Ticket #14632) has been closed saying it was fixed in v5.1.26 but i'm still having the same issue
I just got a new machine with precision touchpad, installed v5.1.28 and corresponding extension pack.

is there anything else or any setting needs to be done to get double-tap translated correctly?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You can go to the ticket and re-open it, with supporting information, like the logs and detailed description of what you're seeing.