VirtualBox Keeps Pausing Clones?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
davey2222

VirtualBox Keeps Pausing Clones?

Post by davey2222 »

I am trying to clone an operating system i setup which works fine however i cannot seem to clone it and run it along side the original without getting errors. I get this message:

The virtual machine is paused and is not able to see any keyboard or mouse input.

So it seems that running the clone for some reason causes input problems, how can this be fixed?

--------------

I also get this crash if i run the original then pause it manually and start another:

"Unable to allocate and lock memory. The virtual machine will be paused. Please close applications to free up memory or close the VM.

Error ID:
HostMemoryLow
Severity:
Non-Fatal Error"
Martin
Volunteer
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: XP, Win7, Win10, Linux, OS/2

Re: VirtualBox Keeps Pausing Clones?

Post by Martin »

"HostMemoryLow" - You don't seem to have enough free RAM to run multiple VMs.
davey2222

Post by davey2222 »

Well i have 8GB Ram on my PC i'm running VB.

For the clones is there any way for them to only use as much memory as they need?

If i have 2 they work when i set the memory lower for each but then they run really slow. Can you not just pick a setting where it lowers memory usage for things not in focus or being used etc to then be able to have 10x or so OS running together?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Have you tried running more than one guest soon as you start your host? If the host has a lot running in memory, then the guests have less memory to run in. The same can happen if you host has a lot of other programs installed that want to run services.

On the guest that goes on pause, open the log, and look for this line:

Host RAM: ####MB total, ####MB available

Then look for this line:

RamSize <integer> = 0x################ (#######, ### MB)

if there is a discrepancy between RamSize and Host RAM Available, then you see where the problem is.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please post a VM log file for the VM which gives you the error. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.