v5.1.24 Guest Audio on Win7 Host

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Brains01

v5.1.24 Guest Audio on Win7 Host

Post by Brains01 »

Any news when Windows or Linux guest audio will be fixed on a Win7 Host. Sometimes a host reboot fixes it but not always. The last time is was realiable was v4.3.8.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: v5.1.24 Guest Audio on Win7 Host

Post by socratis »

The "news" is 5.1.24 which you have. Other than that, it's an open source project, dig in and see that they're actively working on this front. If it was easy it would have been a done deal by now, don't you agree? And of course you can't be seriously expecting an answer like "next Wednesday"...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Brains01

Re: v5.1.24 Guest Audio on Win7 Host

Post by Brains01 »

Well actually it turns out this releases 'Audio: many improvements for Windows 10 guests' has also fixed this. I had 'dug in' somewhat. Every few releases it seems something is tweaked or reverted back with the audio. I often feel I would be a burden logging a ticket.