Stuck at "Starting virtual machine" (0% or 20%) while I try to connect any USB device.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
muhammad_russell

Stuck at "Starting virtual machine" (0% or 20%) while I try to connect any USB device.

Post by muhammad_russell »

The problem I have is whenever I try to connect any USB device it stuck with a black screen with a popup displaying that"Starting virtual machine"
Sometimes, it shows 0% and sometimes 20%. But if I deselect the USB device from the setting and try again, than the guest os run and work. But every time I try to connect a USB it stuck.

I have tried to connect USB wireless adapter (TP-LINK 722N), pendrive and joystick.
I installed Windows XP, Windows 7, Kali Linux, and MAC OS Sierra. have the same issue with all of these.

I'm running VirtualBox on Windows 10.
I think the problem is with either my Host(Windows 10) or with VirtualBox.

I reinstalled the virtualbox several times and also installed the extension pack but nothing changed.
If anyone had this same issue or know how to solve this, Please suggest me how I can solve this issue.

Thanks in Advance
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Stuck at "Starting virtual machine" (0% or 20%) while I try to connect any USB device.

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.