VM crash error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Tolma

VM crash error

Post by Tolma »

Hello,

I am new to VM. When I connect to the servers of virtual box, they got crashed in 30 minutes. I hope someone could help me with this error.
vbox.zip
Vbox server logs
(150.4 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VM crash error

Post by mpack »

I'm not entirely sure what "connect to the servers of VirtualBox" means. Do you just mean "when I run the VM"?
VBox.log wrote: 00:47:50.371470 Changing the VM state from 'RUNNING' to 'GURU_MEDITATION'
00:47:50.371523 Console: Machine state changed to 'GuruMeditation'
00:47:50.371770 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
00:47:50.371773 !!
00:47:50.371774 !! VCPU0: Guru Meditation 1155 (VINF_EM_TRIPLE_FAULT)
00:47:50.371824 !!
Triple fault crashes are usually caused by guest code doing something nasty. Where did this XP image come from?

Since you have a Win10 host you might want to make absolutely sure that the Hyper-v is disabled, as that can interfere with VirtualBox.

p.s. you don't earn extra points for additional logs. Quite the contrary in fact. Just one log that demonstrates the problem is fine.
Tolma

Post by Tolma »

mpack wrote:I'm not entirely sure what "connect to the servers of VirtualBox" means. Do you just mean "when I run the VM"?
Yes, when I start a VM.
mpack wrote: Triple fault crashes are usually caused by guest code doing something nasty. Where did this XP image come from?

Since you have a Win10 host you might want to make absolutely sure that the Hyper-v is disabled, as that can interfere with VirtualBox.
I am new to this. Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean about XP image. Acually, I use Windows XP on VM.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

The VM. Where did the VM come from? And where did the CD that you installed XP came from?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Tolma wrote:I am new to this. Sorry, I don't understand what do you mean about XP image.
I detected from the log that you probably did not install this XP yourself from a setup CD. It looked like the VM had been build around a pre-existing .VHD image file. I asked where that .VHD image file had come from, because, for example, an image taken from a VMWare or Win7 XP Mode VM will not necessarily run in a VirtualBox VM.
Tolma

Post by Tolma »

VirtualBox I downloaded from official website.

Windows XP are from torrents. But they work properly on other devices.

Can crashes be concerned with IP? I created a bridge connection and changed IP in VM.
Tolma

Post by Tolma »

I found a lot of complains about usage of bridge adapter. No matter what OS people use, they get crashes, while they attach network to the bridge adapter. I guess it's the same problem to me. Just cannot find any solution on the internet. Do you have any advice?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Tolma wrote:I found a lot of complains about usage of bridge adapter.
Do you have any examples? That have actually posted the necessary diagnostic information, like the VBox.log? Three links to such examples that have reported crashes, would be helpful.

Also, if you did not build the VM yourself but you found it in a non-legal way, that would make this a short discussion. I'm leaving it open and not locking it, so that you can post the examples I asked for earlier.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Tolma

Post by Tolma »

Ok, so this one I think exactly the same problem: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16229
Their solution is to disable Killer Bandwidth Control. But I can't even find it in local area connection properties. If I understand correctly I should use Killer network in order to have an option for this solution?

Other examples, which I found haven't posted VBox.log.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Tolma wrote:Ok, so this one I think exactly the same problem: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16229
This was not VirtualBox causing the crash, it was the software that was "managing" the hosts' network card, the KillerSuite. But, yes that's an example of bad interaction. If I'm not mistaken, they've already addressed that.
Tolma wrote:But I can't even find it in local area connection properties. If I understand correctly I should use Killer network in order to have an option for this solution?
If you do NOT have that software, there is absolutely no need to go and get it. It comes with their network card, so if you don't have it, that's not your problem.

But, you still have not addressed the elephant in the room. You have a VHD which is a good indication of having used another virtualization program. If you did *not* make that VM yourself, and you got it ready from somewhere else, we can't do too much.