[Solved] Suddenly I cant start Windows on Virtualbox, VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
kilobyte

[Solved] Suddenly I cant start Windows on Virtualbox, VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes

Post by kilobyte »

I had Windows 7 and XP and all was OK. But today I couldnt start neither of them:
VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).

Event code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
but in the general info, I see Windows 7 32 bit, that is impossible, It must be 64 bit. What happened? My XP is 64 bit still cant get it work
Last edited by socratis on 25. Jun 2017, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Suddenly I cant start Windows on Virtualbox, VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VER

Post by socratis »

VT-x in the BIOS has absolutely nothing to do with your host being 32- or 64-bits. Please go thoroughly through the FAQ: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests. And remember, it's a cold reboot if you change anything in the BIOS, not a soft reboot.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
kilobyte

Re: Suddenly I cant start Windows on Virtualbox, VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes (VER

Post by kilobyte »

yea, right, my bad. Somehow it was turned off, for some reason. Case closed :)