[WorksForMe] Connecting to my wifi network

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
TheHiddenGem

[WorksForMe] Connecting to my wifi network

Post by TheHiddenGem »

Hello guys,

So, I got my new laptop and tried to install the usual apps and installed virtual box but when it finished installing my wifi network stopped working so I restarted my system but even so it still persisted so I decided to remove virtual box and the drivers and restarted again and it still didn't work unfortunately and now I'm stuck without wifi internet on my laptop except Ethernet.

Edit: I'm running windows 10.
Last edited by socratis on 25. Jun 2017, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Connecting to my wifi network

Post by socratis »

TheHiddenGem wrote:tried to install the usual apps and installed virtual box
VirtualBox installs a network filter for every network interface. You can see it if you go to the NIC's properties and the Bindings section. It also installs a network pseudo-device call "Host-Only adapter". If these are not present when you uninstalled VirtualBox, then something else is going on. Maybe one of your other usual apps?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
TheHiddenGem

Post by TheHiddenGem »

I'm sorry but I'm quite new to using VirtualBox, after I uninstalled VirtualBox the wifi network started working but I can't connect to my home internet which I was using when I installed VirtualBox.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

So, wait a minute... your WiFi is working, but you can't connect to a specific network? Why do you believe that this has anything to do with VirtualBox? VirtualBox does not make any modifications to your configuration or your WiFi settings.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
TheHiddenGem

Post by TheHiddenGem »

Well, After I installed VirtualBox my wifi network changed to "Unidentified Network. No Internet Connection" So, I assumed it's VirtualBox's fault since the wifi was working fine without an issue.
TheHiddenGem

Post by TheHiddenGem »

So, I finally fixed the problem by changing the wifi name and password. Thanks for the help.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I wasn't too much help to your problem, but as I said, I haven't heard of VirtualBox messing your your existing WiFi network. I'm glad in any event that you sorted this out. I'll mark this as [WorksForMe].