multiple screen on client with single monitor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
drewex
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10, Windows 8.1

multiple screen on client with single monitor

Post by drewex »

Hello all, I use vbox on my laptop with single monitor. I use multiple desktops on my host and put my VM on full screen mode on different windows. My mouse can record keyboard macros allowing me to jump desktops on host with single click. I want to do is to create a VM with multiple screens and put them on different host desktops. This would allow me to have a lot more working space on my VM with only one physical screen.
I am assuming this wont happen but maybe there is an add-on out there I do not know.

So in the case on my screenshot second monitor would reside on desktop 3.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (6.25 KiB) Viewed 776 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: multiple screen on client with single monitor

Post by mpack »

A VM with multiple displays is just a ordinary host app with multiple windows: the windows can be arranged in any way that your host OS allows. And if the host OS doesn't allow it, then you can't.

This isn't a Windows (or Android) feature that I use, so unless someone else comments then you'll have to experiment.
drewex
Guest OSses: Windows 10, Windows 8.1

Re: multiple screen on client with single monitor

Post by drewex »

Yea I was thinking in the line where another window comes up for and act as a screen. If I knew C++ I could look into adding secondary monitor window. Maybe one day I'll try to learn that too. :)
Last edited by socratis on 18. Jun 2017, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.