Severe crashing issue

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
cybergenesis

Severe crashing issue

Post by cybergenesis »

Hi firstly just a quick word to say I absolutely LOVE and sincerely appreciate this wonderful software. Awesome work!

Anyway, I am having a crashing problem which invariably results in my PC reseting and Windows boot up saying it has "recovered from a serious error".

I'll provide some simple information about this, I am happy to provide much more detailed information if required, and to follow any steps given to me to provide more information, test conditions etc.

I have a AMD ATHLON 64 X2 3800 Processor, 1GB Ram. I am running Windows XP professional with all the latest patches.

Whenever I run a virtual machine (I have 256MB guest OS with Windows XP Professional) at the same time as World of Warcraft, the above crash error always occurs.

I have run World of Warcraft in conjunction with many other complicated and resource intensive pieces of software and do not have the same problem occur.

In fact due to the fact I have recently purchased this PC, I have not had any other circumstances which results in the resetting of my PC. VirtualBox seems stable under all other circumstances except when WoW in running (and I play this game a fair bit). Some sort of conflict appears to occur.

Anyway if this seems of any significance I am willing to put in full effort to help determine what is going on to help improve any stability issue that may exist with this software.
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Post by sandervl »

Can you open up a ticket at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker and add the log file? Select the machine in the GUI and choose the 'Show Log' item in the Machine menu.