VirtualBox Mouse, Clipboard, SSD

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
PavloM

VirtualBox Mouse, Clipboard, SSD

Post by PavloM »

Hello.

I use VirtualBox-5.1.18-114002-Win on Windows 7 and few virtual machines on it. I always install additions to guests.

The problem is mouse stops work properly after few hours or days virtual workstation work. On some windows left button become work as right or not work at all. This affects both Guest and Host, so just one solution I found is reboot both. As I run few virtual computers, I have to reboot all of them once this problem happen on host. I found few people get same problem but not find any work solution. I tried to turn off USB on virtual machine (mouse set to PS/2). But problem still occurs. Any solution?

PS I split this topic to not make it messy:
Clipboard over RDP viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83001
SSD viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83000
Last edited by PavloM on 7. May 2017, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox Mouse, Clipboard, SSD

Post by socratis »

Please pick just one problem, just one guest. One at a time, with the supporting information. Don't bundle all your VirtualBox problems together or else the discussion is going to turn into chaos.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
PavloM

Post by PavloM »

Ok, I will split this topic to few.
PavloM

Post by PavloM »

Hi

I worked for a while with different hardware, so was not able to check. Today I get this problem once more. I worked with Debian guest on Windows 7 host. Debian virtual machine was running within native virtual box client.

The problem is:
1. In guest: On text editor I see few equal symbols printed (like 10-20 spaces), but I pressed space key just once.
2. In guest: left mouse click stopped work on Debian command panel, but worked in opened before text editor. I switched to host, and send ACPI shutdown to guest from VirtualBox application. I also note, that while I was point mouse over host desktop it still shows pointer shape, same as it was in guest (I worked in eclipse text editor so the pointer like when print the text). I use 2 monitors (left for host and right for guest) so mouse pointer was easy to note.

Here zipped log. I did it once guest is shut down. I tried to drag this zipped file in host, but drag not works in my host. Now I have to reboot my host.

The windows host logs shows no errors, just System log contain Information message at near this time, but no error though.
Attachments
Greenwich mouse problem Logs.zip
(117.56 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I told you earlier to separate your posts into different threads, with an appropriate title and the supporting information, so as to avoid a discussion that covers everything that's wrong in the seven kingdoms. Describe clearly your ONE and ONLY problem in that thread.

And you did; VirtualBox and SSD and VirtualBox and Remote Access fails on clipboard. Great! Well... almost great. It just so happens that I was the one that answered both your posts, and I asked you some questions. You never replied. To either of them, which makes it not so great after all.

Now, why do you come back here again and not do what you should be doing? I'm afraid I'm going to have to force you to open a new thread by locking this one.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.