WINDOWS KEEPS SHUTDOWN NON STOP WHEN I RUN VIRTUAL BOX

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
guest555

WINDOWS KEEPS SHUTDOWN NON STOP WHEN I RUN VIRTUAL BOX

Post by guest555 »

Hello, brothers is here anyone that can help me to solve my problem first I had Windows 7 on my computer and I install Virtual box on it and it keeps shutdown my computer and restart it also. Then I reinstall computer with Windows 10 and again I install Virtual box and when I run it and want to Install Windows on Virtual box it's shutdown my computer again and again and I try many times and always same thing. I search on google and you tube but no answers about this thing!!! My computer have 8 GB RAM and 512 Dedicated Graphic card so that means my computer is not so weak because before few years when I was using Virtual box on very weaker computer and it worked without problems so can anyone help me here how to solve this problem maybe there is some kind of safe mode activated on my computer but I don't know to solve it. Maybe someone have solution for this, Thank you upfront on your answers and help. Best Regards
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: WINDOWS KEEPS SHUTDOWN NON STOP WHEN I RUN VIRTUAL BOX

Post by scottgus1 »

If the shutdown of the physical PC happens while you are trying to install Virtualbox, then do this:
First, to install Virtualbox properly you must right-click the Virtualbox installer program and choose "Run As Administrator" from the right-click menu, even if your account is an administrator account.

Note that the "right-click-run-as-admin" method is not "log off and log back in as administrator". While in my experience it does not matter what account Virtualbox was installed on (forum gurus may or may not agree with this, just my experience), you must "right-click-run-as-admin" on Windows hosts to get a consistent good install, assuming other systems on your PC aren't messed up.

Next, the Virtualbox installer is actually a Microsoft program, which uses the host's "MSI" system. If errors happen in the installation process, you can enable Microsoft's MSI logging and try the installer again (google how to enable MSI logging). If an error occurs, post the MSI log here and on a Microsoft forum. Someone should be able to tell you what the problem is.
If the shutdown on the physical PC happens after you have successfully installed Virtualbox, and you're trying to start a guest, please read this: Minimum info needed
guest555

Post by guest555 »

Here brothers please take a look screen shot of mine computer Dell Optiplex 740 doesn't have VT X Virtualization in BIOS look picture https://imgur.com/a/6hN6f
and I upgrade BIOS to the latest version as you can see. And this is the screen shot and proof that my computer support Virtualization https://imgur.com/a/57HcX but its by default disabled and there is no option in BIOS to enable!!! SO WHAT TO DO BROTHERS HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ???
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

The option to enable VT-x/AMD-v ( hardware virtualization ) would be under the security section of the bios if it is available. If you can not find it you need to contact Dell.

Oh and the screen shot shows the CPU supports VMX not that the PC does. Dell may disable this feature because they do not want to support it or the Mother Board can not handle it.