Cannot perform install of 5.1.20

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
cdovh

Cannot perform install of 5.1.20

Post by cdovh »

I have an install that I've been fighting with for two days now. I'm trying to install 5.1.20 but it failed somewhere along the way and since then I've been trying to uninstall/install it over and over but nothing I do seems to work. The installation succeeds if I do not select the USB option however once up and running VirtualBox is not seeing my network cards at all.
selected-options.PNG
selected-options.PNG (7.14 KiB) Viewed 667 times
I would like to do a thorough and clean uninstall and install but I've not had any luck.

Are there some manual steps or a tool perhaps I could download? I tried MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... or-removed but it requires me to know the product code.

I uploaded the logs with a bunch of logging switches enabled to see if it would help anyone. The IRC chat tells me that i have a permission problem - but i've checked and cannot find one. I ran the installer as admin etc.
Attachments
vbox-5.1.20-install-log-apr-274.txt.zip
(66.26 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Cannot perform install of 5.1.20

Post by mpack »

Martin wrote:You did try the installer by right click - run as administrator?
cdovh

Re: Cannot perform install of 5.1.20

Post by cdovh »

Yes. I have right clicked and used "run as administrator". I have also opened an administrator command prompt and started the install from there. That was how I generated the attached logs.