the selected virtual box is inaccessible error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
conjuringjha

the selected virtual box is inaccessible error

Post by conjuringjha »

Hello,
I installed the virtual box first time on windows 10,every step worked just fine.But on launching it shows up the error

Runtime error opening 'C:\Users\SONIKA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.997\DS220.vbox' for reading: -103(Path not found.).
F:\tinderbox\win-5.1\src\VBox\Main\src-server\MachineImpl.cpp[745] (long __cdecl Machine::i_registeredInit(void)).
Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
MachineWrap
Interface:
IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}

I did go through the previous similar posts but none of them seems to work in my case.please help... :(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: the selected virtual box is inaccessible error

Post by socratis »

conjuringjha wrote:'C:\Users\SONIKA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DIa0.997\DS220.vbox'
It looks that you opened a zip/rar/7z/other file which included the .vbox file, you double-clicked it and now it's not there anymore (logical). You need to uzip/unrar/un7z/unother the file properly.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
conjuringjha

Post by conjuringjha »

I uninstalled the complete software and reinstalled it back, but the same error shows up.Besides I did go through other similar posts and tried searching for any DS220.vbox file in file explorer but no results. Please provide any workaround for this.Attached screenshot for reference.
Attachments
error.png
error.png (12.54 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

Five years later and you seem to have learned nothing. Did you actually read what socratis told you all those years ago?

He did not tell you to uninstall and reinstall the vm. He told you that you needed to unzip the file containing the .vdi file so that VIrtualBox could read it.

Where did this vm come from? Why is it in your Appdata\Local\Temp folder? Why is it compressed?
Bill
conjuringjha

Post by conjuringjha »

Non responsive angry reaction deleted by mod.
Last edited by mpack on 31. Mar 2022, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Please keep to the point, or this topic will be locked. You were asked a number of important questions, none of which you answered.
conjuringjha

Post by conjuringjha »

that, plus kindly remove my account from this site as well.Thanks, it was super helpful being here.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Still no answers.

It's ironic that you should comment on being super helpful. This website is a VirtualBox user self help discussion forum. You have been a member for 5 years, how many people have you helped? I'll tell you: since joining 5 years ago you have made 4 posts, 3 of which were today, none of which help others, and in fact the latter two have been content free whining about your treatment by others who were helping you, and one of those posts was deleted by a mod. You never acknowledged the original reply by Socratis, and when asked to do so you got pouty.

So I hardly think you are in a position to criticise the helpfulness of others.

You don't have an account here to close - you created an account with the Oracle Single Sign On service (Oracle SSO). But I will give you a 30 day forum ban if that helps.

Topic locked.