NAT Doesn't work

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Dakota

NAT Doesn't work

Post by Dakota »

Hi guru

help me plz what is wrong with my system

Everything worked fine for a long time, but I decided to upgrade to the latest version of virtualbox 5.1.18 After platform updates and Extension Pack this problem started. All machines (windows, linux, android), which were connected through a NAT, no longer connected to the Internet. Network Bridge works as usual. If I switch the type of connection to network bridge, they appear to have access to the Internet.
I completely removed the VirtualBox (up to manual cleaning registry) but after installation does not work through NAT. I tested together with Extension Pack and also without it.
I installed the old version (4, 5.0.2) the same story.
I turned off all firewalls are the same story.
The problem is not somewhere where I'm looking for

I use windows 10.
What am I doing wrong, why not working connection to the Internet through a NAT?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: NAT Doesn't work

Post by socratis »

Follow a "start from cold-boot"/"observe error"/"shutdown" cycle. With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).

Do you have any 3rd party applications that "work with" your network, like Lavasoft?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dakota

Post by Dakota »

socratis wrote:Follow a "start from cold-boot"/"observe error"/"shutdown" cycle. With the VM shut down completely (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Posted attachment
socratis wrote:Do you have any 3rd party applications that "work with" your network, like Lavasoft?
Yes, I'm using Avira free. But problem started after update, before it was the same Avira
Attachments
TVM3-2017-03-23-19-06-29.zip
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

00:00:23.697350 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll:
                rc=VERR_LDRVI_NOT_SIGNED fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0
                \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\SafeIPs64.dll: Not signed.

00:00:23.697460 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting
                'C:\WINDOWS\system32\SafeIPs64.dll' (C:\WINDOWS\system32\SafeIPs64.dll): rcNt=0xc0000190
That SafeIP DLL is not signed. Given the fact that it mentions "IP" in its name, it is a prime suspect for the one being responsible for not having network access. Uninstall the program and see how it goes...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dakota

Post by Dakota »

socratis wrote:That SafeIP DLL is not signed. Given the fact that it mentions "IP" in its name, it is a prime suspect for the one being responsible for not having network access. Uninstall the program and see how it goes...
You saved me, thank you very much. I deleted SafeIP. Now NAT works as it should. It is a pity that SafeIP gives this error. For me, it's a useful program and works well and is free. I will try to write to them about this.

Thank you very much indeed
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

If you can get them to sign their DLL, VirtualBox won't have a problem.