Can't open virtualbox

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
lindhd

Can't open virtualbox

Post by lindhd »

Hi, I have a windows 10 64 bit computer, and I installed virtualbox 5.1.14 five days ago, and it worked perfectly. But today when I was going to start it, it didn't open, I can see "Virtualbox Interface" and "VirtualBox manager in taskmanager, but I can't use it, the window dosen't open. how can I fix this? :(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't open virtualbox

Post by socratis »

Did you try to reboot?
Also, were there any changes in the software, including, but not limited to, Microsoft updates, virus signatures/engine updates, etc?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lindhd

Post by lindhd »

tried to reboot my computer, and i can open virtualbox now, but when I try to start a virtualmachine, I get errors
Image Image
how do i fix this ?
Last edited by socratis on 22. Feb 2017, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

By reading carefully the error messages. They have instructions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
lindhd

Post by lindhd »

I tried to run the command and it says this, Image

how do I check if the kernel module got loaded successfully ?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I was more interested in the second error message, where it says:
More details may be available in 'C:\Users\fabia\VirtualBox VMs\windows\Windows XP\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.
Find that file. ZIP it. Attach it to your response.