Anyone had problem with chrome/ie connecting to Oracle EM Express on RHEL

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
ayman

Anyone had problem with chrome/ie connecting to Oracle EM Express on RHEL

Post by ayman »

Anyone had same issue? Chrome/ie on windows 8.1 host trying to connect to Oracle EM Express on RHEL
Virtual Box is 5.032

Timezone good, setup perfect, all good but "NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID, "you cannot visit <ip_address> right now because the website sent scrambled credentials..." there is no option in chrome to proceed and accept risk, instead just "learn more" link. There should be link at end of page to continue.

I've attached screenshot. I'm afraid this problem is new to me and I'm not sure where else to look
Attachments
problem_screenshot.jpg
problem_screenshot.jpg (104.22 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Anyone had problem with chrome/ie connecting to Oracle EM Express on RHEL

Post by scottgus1 »

All Virtualbox does is provide a network between the host and guest. What network traffic occurs on the network is up to the host and guest OS's.

Virtualbox has several kinds of network that can be used. The quick test to see that the network is set up correctly is with a ping. If you can ping your guest's IP address in a command window on your host, and ping the host IP from the guest, then the network is working and your problem isn't being caused by Virtualbox. If you have set both host and guest OS's to respond to ping, and can't ping one way or the other, then you may have a misconfigured Virtualbox network.

Please try to ping both ways by IP address. If you can't do both, please attach the guest's .vbox 'recipe' file as a zip file, using the Upload Attachment tab under the textbox where you type new posts. You can find the guest's .vbox file by right-clicking the guest in the main Virtualbox window and choosing Show in Explorer. Be sure your host OS is set to show known extensions.
ayman

Re: Anyone had problem with chrome/ie connecting to Oracle EM Express on RHEL

Post by ayman »

hi firefox worked, it created certificate for me. I think I will use it. Thank you for your reply