[Solved] Mini Tool Bar isn't viable?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
seanvree

[Solved] Mini Tool Bar isn't viable?

Post by seanvree »

So I saw that this was an issue some time ago, and honestly, I haven't been using the tool-bar in the past 6 months, but I need it now, and it will not appear.

Host: Windows 10E x64
VirtualBox 5.1.14R
Guest: Windows 10P x64

See screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/Wsv0g

No matter what I do, I can't get it to appear!!

Any tips?!
Last edited by socratis on 15. Feb 2017, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved] in the title.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Mini Tool Bar isn't viable?

Post by scottgus1 »

You can attach images using the Upload Attachment tab below the textbox where you type posts. Most folks here won't click on third-party sharing sites. Please post your image here and we'll see what we can do.
seanvree wrote:No matter what I do, I can't get it to appear!!
Also post what you did.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

• Searching for "Windows 10E x64" and "Windows 10P x64" returns no results. Can you explain it please?
  • Pressing HostKey+Home within the guest should show the mini toolbar. Does it? And exclude the above shortcut from the list that scottgus1 asked you for.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
seanvree

Post by seanvree »

Screenshot attached.

"windows 10E" is Windows 10 Enterprise, "Windows 10P" Is windows 10 Professional.

"Pressing HostKey+Home within the guest should show the mini toolbar. Does it? " No, it does not.
Attachments
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (95.51 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

1. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to see in that picture you uploaded. That there's no mini-toolbar? I would have believed you.
  2. With the VM shut down, right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show Log...". Save the first one, ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
  3. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Explorer". ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it in your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
seanvree

Post by seanvree »

Guys,

I figured it out. It was a weird default key-mapping setting with the HOME key on my logitech keyboard.

THX
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thanks for reporting back.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: [Solved] Mini Tool Bar isn't viable?

Post by scottgus1 »

Thanks for posting the screenshot here, and great you pinned the problem down!

FWIW the guest is running in a window and there is no mini-toolbar in a windowed guest. Also, the menu bar in the guest window is missing. However, if I read your lower left screenshot correctly, you seem to have all the menu bar options turned on. This leads me to believe your guest is running in scaled mode, which is triggered on the guest View menu, Scaled Mode, or Hostkey-C.