End kernel panic - not syncing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mayog91

End kernel panic - not syncing

Post by mayog91 »

Please I newly installed ubuntu 14.04.4 desktop i386 on my windows based 32-bit laptop virtualbox. However, when I click on "show", the error below is shown
End kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! Exit code =0x0000000b

Someone please help
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: End kernel panic - not syncing

Post by socratis »

Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mayog91

Post by mayog91 »

I have attached known information as requested.
Thanks for being of help
Attachments
InfoNeeded.zip
(37.54 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1. You included the "VBoxHardening.log", not the requested "VBox.log". Please include "VBox.log". ZIPPED.
  2. You included the information in a DOCX document. Simple text is definitely preferred.
  3. From a quick search that I did, this error seems to be not one from VirtualBox, but a Linux error. You may have better luck if you start thinking about this as a standalone computer problem, i.e. think what you'd do if this was showing up on a real machine.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.