Bug in Virtualbox 5.1.x - Windows 7 VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dataKEKS
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows and Linux

Bug in Virtualbox 5.1.x - Windows 7 VM

Post by dataKEKS »

Hey forum!

Since an early version of VB 5.1.x we have problems with our Win7 VMs. Newer Windows versions are working fine, but Windows 7 are crashing already during installation.

When we downgrade to the latest 5.0.x version of Virtualbox all Win7 VMs are working fine again.

Is this a known issue?

Best regards from Germany
Norbert
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Bug in Virtualbox 5.1.x - Windows 7 VM

Post by socratis »

dataKEKS wrote:Is this a known issue?
Crashes? Yes, several people have mentioned them. But unless you give us some info about what crashes, how it crashes or when it crashes, chances are nobody can resolve it.

So, pick the latest and greatest VirtualBox as of this writing (5.1.10) and give it a try with a Win7 guest. When it crashes (I assume you mean the guest, right?), right-click on the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log". Save the "VBox.log" (just the first one), ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.