Errors after update to 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
PeteyBrown

Errors after update to 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2)

Post by PeteyBrown »

Hello,

I am having lots of problems at the moment after updating to 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2)

My Host is Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 16Gb Memory with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2Ghz CPU
Vbox 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2) with Guest Additions and Extension Pack
Guest will be Window 7 Pro 64bit with 8Gb Memory with single CPU
See the Harding Log for info.

The version of VirtualBox I was running before update to 5.1.10 was 5.0.30

I had 2 VM created, one was Linux Mint 17 and the other was Win7 Pro. These worked perfectly for months but after updating yesterday to 5.1.10 I now keep getting the error when trying to start the VM
The error is 5 VERR_INVALID_NAME (-104) - Invalid (malformed) file/path name.

Thinking something had gone wrong I uninstalled 5.1.10 using Revo Uninstaller to do the uninstall and clean the system and then installed 5.0.30 but still getting the same error.
So I then changed the location of the VM onto another hard drive in the system but this to produces the error.
I then deleted the windows 7 VM and copied one the whole master backup folder of the VM and tried again but still the same error.
So I then uninstalled it all again completely and rebooted, then installed 5.1.10 with guest additions and extensions.
Deleted the VM off the system
I then tried to create a new VM, so I clicked NEW and created the VM, then assigned the iso to the CD drive so I could install the OS but as soon as I start the VM I get the error again, so tried a different drive for the VM and again I get the same error.

Nothing I seem to do allows me to create a VM and run it.
Please can someone offer some advice.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(9.82 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Errors after update to 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2)

Post by socratis »

PeteyBrown wrote:The error is 5 VERR_INVALID_NAME (-104) - Invalid (malformed) file/path name.
This is not the complete error, it must refer to what's invalid. Post a screenshot of the error if you have to and if there are error details (like a down arrow that expands the info) make sure to capture that as well...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
PeteyBrown

Post by PeteyBrown »

Here is 2 screen caps I have merged together.

The first is on the left when starting, then when clicking OK on error it brings the one on the right up
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (112.26 KiB) Viewed 986 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

OK, if you can read what's on those screenshots, I need to go to the eye doctor.
Please try again. Do not merge them. Crop them to the dialog size, not the whole screen. 100% size would be the best, unless you're on HiDPI where you should shrink it by 50% for us common mortals.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.