no internet access of wireless access after virtualbox started

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
ben123456

no internet access of wireless access after virtualbox started

Post by ben123456 »

I installed virtualbox 5.1 on windows 7. The host wireless connect get limited access once I started virtualbox consol. There is no internet access to outside website like google, yahoo. Anyone knows how to make host internet access work while using virtualbox ?
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: no internet access of wireless access after virtualbox started

Post by BillG »

There was a similar post on the forums recently. What wireless NIC do you have in the host machine?

Usually a problem like this is caused by the device driver for the host NIC not working properly with VirtualBox code. Could you check if there is a newer driver available for it (or try a different NIC)?
Bill
ben123456

Post by ben123456 »

The adapter displays as "Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter". This device doesn't work after I start Virtualbox console. It will continue not to connect to my wireless router after I closed vitrual box console. It can be fixed through "network troubleshooting" when Virtualbox console is closed. If Virtualbox console is still running, "network troubleshooting" will generate a error report.

I also install VMware workstation and there is no this problem.

Thanks,

Ben
ben123456

Post by ben123456 »

I tried update the driver through windows. It report that the driver is the latest.

Thanks,

Ben