Updating guest additions?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
rkevinburton

Updating guest additions?

Post by rkevinburton »

I am getting a prompt that my guest additions version is older than my virtual box. How do I update the guest additions?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Updating guest additions?

Post by socratis »

User Manual, Ch. 4.2 Installing and Maintaining Guest Additions.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
saur

Post by saur »

Just found this through google... so for other such googlers, here's what the manual says,

4.2.2.3. Updating the Linux Guest Additions
The Guest Additions can simply be updated by going through the installation procedure again with an updated CD-ROM image. This will replace the drivers with updated versions. You should reboot after updating the Guest Additions.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

saur wrote:so for other such googlers, here's what the manual says
You... Google? For the User Manual? Why not open the User Manual directly?!? :shock:
Everyone has a searchable PDF with their installation!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.