Windows 10 Anniversary Update Broke VirtualBox?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
amicidavinci

Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Broke VirtualBox?

Post by amicidavinci »

shadowless wrote:This fix worked for me...
I hope this helps someone out there.
This worked for me too - THANK YOU shadowless!
Auresco

Post by Auresco »

I had the same issue, my Virtual Box GUI was not showing up. Uninstalling and installing the latest version worked fine for me.
hamlatzis

Post by hamlatzis »

I am enabling and disabling (with reboot) each time I want to develop for different platform. I hate it but since I cannot do anything else .... In my opinion Oracle and virtualbox is to be blamed. If other software works without a problem then it can be done.

I am using VMWare for the BlackBerry emulator, Visual Studio's emulator for Android and Google's emulator for Android work perfectly. Only company that has a problem is Jolla with SailfishOS that ise virtualbox for their emulator have the problem

Disabling: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
Enabling: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto
JM89

Post by JM89 »

When I Start A VM In Virtual Box It Crashes My Whole Computer Windows 10 I Get BSOD :(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

@JM89
Since this is a broad topic with more than 60 replies, I believe you should start your own topic. Do not forget to include full details about Windows version, VirtualBox version, VM full details. See: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Stepe

Post by Stepe »

Anything new 'bout the BSOD in context with hyper-v enabled?

(There's a ticket #15984 bout 7 month ago... :( )
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Stepe wrote:Anything new 'bout the BSOD in context with hyper-v enabled?
Not unless Microsoft changed their tactics and decided to not lock VT-x exclusively.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.