Bluetooth mouse disconnects on Virtualbox manager start (not captured)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
nonsonstatoio

Bluetooth mouse disconnects on Virtualbox manager start (not captured)

Post by nonsonstatoio »

Hi all,

I have an apple wireless mouse connected to a Windows machine with a bluetooth dongle.
Everything works fine.

When I start the Virtualbox manager, non a VM, just the manager, the mouse disconnects from bluetooth. I don't have any V; running and I'm pretty sure the mouse is not captured.
I also have a wired mouse which keeps working fine.
When I close the virtualbox manager I have to disconnect and re-connect the dongle for the mouse to work.

Any idea?

Thank you
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Bluetooth mouse disconnects on Virtualbox manager start (not captured)

Post by socratis »

You are the 2nd person today that describes something out of the ordinary with USB, just by starting the VirtualBox Manager. I'm just letting you know so that you can keep an eye on both threads, in case they're related. One thing I can suggest is what I posted to the other thread as well:
socratis wrote:I don't know what to think as a troubleshooting strategy. I'm not a Windows person for the last 20 years and I've gotten a little rusty in my low-level troubleshooting. Someone will be right with you...

Since you're willing to try things (thanks), could you do me a favor and install an older VirtualBox version and see if the behavior continues? I would suggest 5.0.24, not 5.0.26. Including of course the matching Extension Pack.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
nonsonstatoio

Re: Bluetooth mouse disconnects on Virtualbox manager start (not captured)

Post by nonsonstatoio »

I already tried with 4.38, with the same problem.
Anyway I will try with one of the suggested versions.

Thank you.