Connecting to guest resources

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
rabble-rouser

Connecting to guest resources

Post by rabble-rouser »

I've been trying to get this up and running for a while now, and I'm not having much luck. I am a software developer, my host system is running Windows XP Pro, however, some of my development tools are Linux only tools. So, I'm trying to get a VM setup as my guest so that everything is running on my laptop.

Here is what's going on, I'm running Kubuntu 6.06 as a Guest on my Windows XP Pro machine. Currently I'm running Apache, PHP, and MySQL on my laptop, but needing to setup OpenLDAP to run on the Linux Guest, this is primarily for when I'm developing off of the companies network (eg. Home or Coffee Shop).

Ideally what I would like to happen is for my Guest system to pull and IP address from the DHCP server that my laptop pulls from. This would allow me to specify what the IP address of my Guest system is in my development environment and allow me to direct my requests for those services there. I'm very familiar with working in Windows, however my Linux skills are still very undeveloped, but I'm learning fast. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

David