centos 7 in vm box facing booting prob on win10 host.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
anu's

centos 7 in vm box facing booting prob on win10 host.

Post by anu's »

i cant install centos 7 on vm box5.0 . i have centos 7iso file and my host is windows10 . i follow steps for installig . at last it showing automatic boot in 60 sec but after that show blank screen . i am waiting 5 min but still not booting processes fwd plz give me sol. :?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: centos 7 in vm box facing booting prob on win10 host.

Post by socratis »

Please read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance. As far as the "VBox.log.zip" goes, here's what you do:
- Start the VM.
- Observe and record the error message. EXACTLY. Post a screenshot if you have to.
- Shut down the VM (if it hasn't aborted by itself). Not suspend, not pause. Shut down.
- Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager.
- Select "Show Log..."
- Save it, ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
anu's

Post by anu's »

sir
i have attach log file as you metioned. and trying install again facing same prob of showing black blank screen ..there is no error msg displays. sir i am using vm box virsion 4.8.0 at the time installing centos7 whichi is 64 bit. in vm box ..new machine- name-type-and virsion shows in list is 32 bit redhat & that list there is no 64 bit virsion, and i am trying to repaire vm box it converting 64 bit but then follow installing steps that time it show error karnel not matching like this.
Attachments
Doc100.zip
log file
(143.33 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

anu's wrote:i have attach log file as you metioned.
No you haven't!
Read the instructions again.
I will NOT open a screenshot embedded in a Word document! That's not what I asked for and it doesn't help!

As for the 32/64 bit, read: I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.