VirtualBox NDIS Bridge Driver

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
declan.marks

VirtualBox NDIS Bridge Driver

Post by declan.marks »

I have installed virtualbox on my system. The ethernet port has a static IP but when I installed virtualbox the ethernet ip changed. When I try and change it back it get an error message saying that the IP I enter is used by VirtualBox NDIS Bridge Driver.

How do i reset the ip that VirtualBox NDIS Bridge Driver uses.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox NDIS Bridge Driver

Post by socratis »

Would you mind sharing some of the details? Host OS? VirtualBox version? Networking on your computer? And especially the IP addresses that get affected. Don't worry, you won't get hacked ;)

The VirtualBox installed does not mess with your IPs[*][/color]. It installs a "filter" in each device to potentially capture and redirect traffic to/from your guest, in case you need bridged network in one of your guests.

Also, please post the exact error message or a screenshot of when you're failing to change your IP (see the "Upload attachment" at the end of the post form).

[*][/color] There is a minute possibility, but I won't go there unless I see some of the details asked.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.