Cannot access shared folders under Windows 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
sdgarrison

Cannot access shared folders under Windows 10

Post by sdgarrison »

When I try to do a net use x: \\xboxsvr\Download, it gives me an error 53, the network path was not found. I created Download under shared folders as a permanent directory and I had it automount. I have heard there are problems with virtualbox and Windows 10, is this one of the problems? I can't find any way to share a path between my VM and Windows 10.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Cannot access shared folders under Windows 10

Post by mpack »

Please post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (ONLY) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
viskaz

Post by viskaz »

I have same problem.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Well, you should follow the same advice then. That's the first step to identifying your problem. Because "I have the same", doesn't work. Read what mpack wrote.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
viskaz

Post by viskaz »

Ok, log in attach.
Attachments
VBox.zip
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You do not have the same problem. Your host is Win7, not Win10, and your guest is Windows 8.1 apparantly. We know that the GAs work just fine there. Look for the shared folder in your network neighborhood (\\VBoxSvr\ branch). Note that you aren't using an Xbox, so the OPs path won't work.