Can't Install VM VirtualBox on WIndows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
VirtualDOx

Can't Install VM VirtualBox on WIndows 7

Post by VirtualDOx »

Hi all,

I was running an older version of VM VirtualBox on my Windows 7 for the past 1 year(I guess), no problem there, I was using it for Genymotion but recently I upgraded Genymotion to the latest version and the Genymotion asked to upgrade VirtualBox, so I downloaded version 5.0.6 and tried to Install it, but it's giving me error : Setup can not copy the file VBoxDrv.sys The same error with othere files too appear, for example : VBoxNetAdp.sys

I tried the older version 4.3.30 as well, but it too returned the same errors.

Also, when I uninstalled and restarted my computer, it showed be error : unidentified device - no driver found

What can I do ?
Last edited by VirtualDOx on 9. Oct 2015, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't Install VM VirtualBox on WIndows 7

Post by socratis »

Right-click on the installer and choose "Run as administrator".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VirtualDOx

Post by VirtualDOx »

socratis wrote:Right-click on the installer and choose "Run as administrator".
I did that, same error
VirtualDOx

Post by VirtualDOx »

Do somebody know something about this problem ?
VirtualDOx

HELP ME GET VIRTUALBOX INSTALLED :(

Post by VirtualDOx »

I was running an older version of VM VirtualBox on my Windows 7 for the past 1 year(I guess), no problem there, I was using it for Genymotion but recently I upgraded Genymotion to the latest version and the Genymotion asked to upgrade VirtualBox, so I downloaded version 5.0.6 and tried to Install it, but it's giving me error : Setup can not copy the file VBoxDrv.sys The same error with othere files too appear, for example : VBoxNetAdp.sys

I tried the older version 4.3.30 as well, but it too returned the same errors.

Also, when I uninstalled and restarted my computer, it showed be error : unidentified device - no driver found

What can I do ?

I have tried everything, clearing broken installs, cleaning drivers, cleaning residual registry. and everything with permissions and running the computer and the install file as administrator.

mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Cross posting is against the forum rules. I have moved your new post here.

You have already received the only answer I'm aware of. Perhaps you would have better luck on a Genymotion forum. It's possible that they mess with a standard VirtualBox install, e.g. by setting up nonstandard install paths. Only they can answer that.