Oracle service in Win 7 is down after installing Virtual box

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
apumondal

Oracle service in Win 7 is down after installing Virtual box

Post by apumondal »

Host machine: Win 7 ultimate
Virtual box version: 4.3
Oracle Version installed in Win7: 11gR2

Oracle used to run normally before installing Virtual box. After installing Virtual box Oracle services were up and running. But once I restarted the machine the Oracle never ran....the services run but when I tried to connect I'm not getting the login page... OR even from cmd I'm not able to login as a sysdba -> error msg is something like services down. I tried to RE-RUN the Oracle services manually but the after that results doesn't change. On issuing netstat I found the port 1521 is in TIME_WAIT state.

However when I restored back my machine to the sate before installing VB, Oracle services were running as usual and I was able to connect to Oracle from Web as well as CMD.

Please help me in how to install Virtual box or make config changes that it should not affect the 1521 port in my machine. Let me know if more information is required. Thanks.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Oracle service in Win 7 is down after installing Virtual

Post by mpack »

In other words, VirtualBox installation disrupts the network connection on your host? IMHO the most likely reason for that is that you now have too many services installed for your network cards.

Try Googling for MAX_NUM_FILTERS.