Windows 10 Hosts

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Giusi

Re: Windows 10 Hosts

Post by Giusi »

eforsberg wrote:I had the issue with no connectivity between host and guest (host = windows 10, Broadcom 57xx driver)
The 5.0.51 102781 build fixed it for me
give us the link to download!
cheers!
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Giusi wrote:
give us the link to download!
cheers!
It is here...
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
eforsberg

Post by eforsberg »

hehe, was trying to paste the link. But apparently this forum software doesnt allow you
to post a link the first time you post something -:)
EPinci

Post by EPinci »

EPinci wrote:Hi all,

I'm running 5.0.4 on Windows 10 RTM.
All my VMs are running with bridged adapter and can communicate between them but not with my host.
I can see ARP being resolved but no higher traffic seems to be blocked.
Behavior repros also with 5.0.5.102588.

Is anybody experiencing the same or has found a fix?

Thank you.
Hi, I would like to report that latest test build (5.0.5.102814) appears to have fixed the host-guest connectivity issue.

Thank you.
Giusi

Post by Giusi »

not for me..even not able to start VM guest xp
if i choose NAT no problems...
:cry:
mattp

Post by mattp »

Windows 10 Host: Version 10.0 (Build 10240)
Virtualbox: Version 5.0.51 r102781

I am able to get bridged networking installed, but none of my virtual machines start.

Code: Select all

RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)

where: supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime
what:  4
VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn't match the version of the user.

Pixelfetish

Post by Pixelfetish »

BoldyBoddinton wrote:err ok, told to move win 10 bridge network workaround to this topic.

RE communication between host and guests with bridged adapters

VB 5.0.4
on host machine after starting VM goto host network settings tick/untick IPv6 and OK, then got back and tick untick again, OK. bridge now works fine until reboot.

This worked! After closing the virtual machine and restarting it, it worked! What a mess! Cmon Oracle. :shock:

Sorry Didnt work, the virtual machine just pulled the adress from the dhcp, but communication between host and guest is still not possible.

It works like a charm on Ubuntu.

PS:
Latest Testbuild Windows 5.0.x revision 102814 makes this error obsolete. It works.
raja2902

Post by raja2902 »

Hi... I need some help in setting up a vpn connection on my guest os linuxmint., I have win10 as host .

I have a Cisco vpn profile. I could manage to decode it. wen I used the vpn for cicso in Linux machine .. I could set up the vpn profile but couldn't able to connect to vpn.

BTW am uing nat on cox
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

@Raja: This topic is for debugging issues getting VirtualBox itself to run on a Windows 10 host, which is not yet officially supported. It is not a catch-all Win10 discussion. If VirtualBox issues with Windows 10 are not relevant to your question then please start a new topic elsewhere.
Aurel

Post by Aurel »

The bug with unreachable network between host-guest is present in VirtualBox 5 (5.0.4, 5.0.5 test build) in Windows 10 but also in Windows 8 and Windows 7. For anyone who is looking to have working connection between host-guest in bridged mode, as mentioned earlier, you can turn on/off IPv6 in Windows as a temporal fix until next boot.

For a permanent fix, first create a bridged device in Windows (eg. create a bridge between your physical ethernet adapter and VirtualBox host only adapter). Then you can use this Windows' bridged adapter as bridged adapter in VirtualBox. The connection between host-guest is working also after reboot.

I created a bridge between physical ethernet and VirtualBox's host only adapter but I think this will work for any bridge. Make sure to turn off DHCP first in VirtualBox if you use VirtualBox's host only adapter for the bridge. If you want to keep also the host only adapter feature, you can create second host only adapter in VirtualBox and use that one for the host only adapter feature.
Kenuat

Post by Kenuat »

Aurel wrote:The bug with unreachable network between host-guest is present in VirtualBox 5 (5.0.4, 5.0.5 test build) in Windows 10 but also in Windows 8 and Windows 7. For anyone who is looking to have working connection between host-guest in bridged mode, as mentioned earlier, you can turn on/off IPv6 in Windows as a temporal fix until next boot.

For a permanent fix, first create a bridged device in Windows (eg. create a bridge between your physical ethernet adapter and VirtualBox host only adapter). Then you can use this Windows' bridged adapter as bridged adapter in VirtualBox. The connection between host-guest is working also after reboot.

I created a bridge between physical ethernet and VirtualBox's host only adapter but I think this will work for any bridge. Make sure to turn off DHCP first in VirtualBox if you use VirtualBox's host only adapter for the bridge. If you want to keep also the host only adapter feature, you can create second host only adapter in VirtualBox and use that one for the host only adapter feature.
Thanks Aurel, unfortunatelly changing ipv6 state didn't work for me, host still can't see guest
As well as creating bridge in windows, for some reason my system has totally lost connection to the network after creating it

VB version is 5.0.4
Kenuat

Post by Kenuat »

Installing the latest VB beta build saved my day :)
vigilian

Post by vigilian »

Hi,

Long Time no see.
I use virtualbox5 since its release now And also Windows 10. Since If seems that there are a lot of problem with IPv6 i wanted to give my input on that.
I use at the moment 2 vm for the boinc project of the Cern through boinc from Berkeley + 2 debian vm + 3 Ubuntu 14.04 + 1 Ubuntu 15.04 + 1 Windows 10 guest. All on the same computer And all on Windows 10 host pro (not dev version) And with virtualbox5.0.4. All in bridge mode, a lot of services activated in each vm. So far So good but... At each reboot of the host, i get error of the gui for each vm but thats just uncomfortable. The thing that troubles me a lot is that i havé problem on all Linux guests with IPv6. So i dont know if this is linked to virtualbox And i can't think about a log that could help me diagnose this, but it seems that the IPv6 refresh isnt working properly. It seems to keep in stack old ipv6 route and address under certain condition and some like Ubuntu 14.04 are more subject to these things. Expect those 2 problems I Don't notice anything that couldn t be unresolved by a clean uninstall/reinstall. The windows vm and the windows host Don t seem to be subject to the ipv6 problems.

Any advice? Thanks
kebranta87

Post by kebranta87 »

Hello, I'm running win 10 Home since few time, I've updated VB to 4.3.30 and I have a little problem.
When i try to put the network interface in "bridge Mode" I can't select any of my network adapters, They just dont appear in the list, I guess VB doesn't recognise them.

Any ideas about why can this be happening ? Thnks
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

kebranta87 wrote:Any ideas about why can this be happening ? Thnks
If you had read a few of the preceding posts in this topic then it is a bug for which you will need to update to the latest 5.0.6 release for the fix to the bridged network issue you are seeing and some other related Windows 10 fixes.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.