Multiseat Virtualbox Win7 Host - Elementary OS Guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
tbtsnz

Multiseat Virtualbox Win7 Host - Elementary OS Guest

Post by tbtsnz »

Hello,

I'm at a brick wall and need some help :cry:

I'm trying to setup a multiseat configuration by using Windows 7 as the Host, and Elementary OS as the guest.

When you start up the Host then start up Elementary OS, there is no Cursor.. it goes invisible. I have tried PS/2 mouse driver, and also disabling 3D graphics.
A separate keyboard/mouse is locked to the Guest. They work fine.

The only way to make the cursor appear is to click into the guest w/ the host mouse and then host+I and disable mouse integration.

There must be a way just to start up the VM and everything just works and is separate..... right? I mean I have the host screen separate to the guest screen with DDMM (Dual Display Mouse Manager)

Thanks in advance, sorry if I have been unclear etc. I don't usually post to forums so be nice please :D
tbtsnz

Re: Multiseat Virtualbox Win7 Host - Elementary OS Guest

Post by tbtsnz »

Bump? :lol:
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Post by Perryg »

Seeing as Elementary OS is not a supported guest I doubt you can install the guest additions which would allow for seamless mouse integration and better screen resolution. You can try and see if it works but don't be surprised if it does not.

http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html
tbtsnz

Post by tbtsnz »

Sorry I forgot to mention I have installed Guest Additions. Screen resolution and mouse integration are a lot better, yes.

Any other tips? :D