4.3.14 conflicts with anti-virus packages.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
MitchellNorwood

Re: 4.3.14 conflicts with anti-virus packages.

Post by MitchellNorwood »

Several posters here have mentioned that rolling back to 4.3.12 solved their problems. I was having issues with the 4.3.14 build on a Windows 8.1 machine, where I upgraded to the 4.3.15 build, resulting in a successful VM launch into Windows XP pulled from Windows XP Mode. Unfortunately, I had an internet connection but was unable to contact LAN computers. On the machine I'm currently on, running Windows XP Professional, I did not have this issue with 4.3.14 or with 4.3.15.

The issue I'm having is Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 2GB RAM with Windows XP Professional as the guest OS having 768 MB of RAM allocated to its operation. My issue lies within the CD drive pointing to the host drive. It has several files on it (DICOM) but it will not show but one set of the files. The CD itself contains many of them.

Any thoughts?

[Edit: Corrections]
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: 4.3.14 conflicts with anti-virus packages.

Post by Perryg »

VirtualBox 4.3.16 has been release and all Windows users are strongly advised to upgrade.

Thanks to all that posted information so the issues could be sorted out. This retires this topic.